Adding a Canon Copier to Your Windows Computer
NOTE: You must be connected to the Central Unified network (by wireless or hardwired) in order to complete these steps.
- Open the Run command (hold down the Windows Key and press “R”).
- Type \\canon and press Enter (example above). A printer list will appear.
- Scroll down the list to find the correct copier. Look for your site’s two-letter abbreviation (first two characters of the printer name), as well as the department/location.
- Right-click on the printer you need to add and choose the “Connect…” option.
- The printer and necessary drivers will be installed. If you get a security prompt like the one below, be sure to click “Install Driver” to proceed.
- When the “Installing Drivers” window disappears, the printer is installed on your computer and ready to use.