Adding a Canon Copier to Your Mac Computer
NOTE: You must be connected to the Central Unified network (by wireless or hardwired) in order to complete these steps. If you are connected via Wireless, CUSD Staff is required; this will not work on the Student or Public networks.
- From the Apple menu (upper-left corner of screen), choose System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences Window, choose the “Printers & Scanners” icon.
- In the Printer & Scanners window:
- If you wish to remove any old printers, left-click on them and press the “Minus” button at the bottom of the list.
- Otherwise, click the “Plus” button to add a new printer.
- Find the printer that you wish to add. Left-click on it to highlight it, and then click the “Add” button in the bottom-right corner of the window.
- A window will open as the printer gets installed. Once the window disappears, the printer is installed on your computer and ready to use.
- When you print for the first time, you may receive an authentication prompt such as the one below:
For the Name field, enter your user name (the part of your E-Mail address before “@”).
For the Password field, enter your E-Mail password.
Check the “Remember this password” box in order to not get prompted for any future print jobs to this printer.